Hypnotherapy for Confidence
Confidence Boosting with Hypnosis
Confidence is a state of mind that we have all experienced at some point in our lives. It is a central psychological quality which is defined as “a feeling of self-assurance arising from an appreciation of one’s own abilities or qualities.” Confidence can help us to progress both personally and professionally. There needs to be a fine balance when it comes to confidence. If we have too much then we can appear to be cocky or arrogant. If we have too little it can hold us back in all areas of our life. Hypnotherapy for confidence is an effective treatment as it deals directly with the unconscious mind, the part that houses beliefs.
What is confidence?
We feel confident within ourselves when we feel content in our ability to perform. When our confidence is high, we can achieve things that we didn’t think were possible. When our confidence is low it can seriously hamper our ability to do even basic tasks. Low self confidence will be felt by everyone at some point in their lives. This is a perfectly normal experience, but if the feelings don’t subside or begin to make life challenging then it is important to address the issues. Low self confidence can be caused by a range of factors including a fear of the unknown, low self esteem and a fear of other people’s perceptions.
Confidence vs Self-Esteem
Confidence must not be confused with self-esteem. Self-esteem is the way we feel about ourselves, the way we look and the way we think. Confidence is the way we feel about our abilities. Low self-esteem can be a factor in low confidence and vice versa. It is also important to note that you can be confident in one area of your life and suffer from low confidence in another.
Characteristics of high and low confidence
Below are some of the signs of both high and low confidence.
- Highly sociable
- Unfazed by illness
- Willing to take risks
- Social withdrawal
- Anxiety and stress levels boosted
- Less enjoyment
- Self doubt
- Over-analysing what others say
Hypnotherapy for Confidence
Hypnotherapy is a highly effective treatment option for confidence issues as it works directly with the unconscious mind. The unconscious mind houses your beliefs, feelings and behaviours. The premise is that once the unconscious mind accepts new feelings of confidence, the default feelings will change and confidence will automatically return.
During hypnosis, the unconscious mind becomes much more receptive to positive suggestions and therefore change can take place.
At Wiser Horizons, we believe that confidence is an important factor in leading a healthy life. We use a combination of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and Hypnotherapy to help you make the changes. Our hypnotherapy sessions will consist of the following:
- Well Formed Outcome – We will talk to you about what it is you would like to achieve during the session, what may be causing low confidence and what needs to happen so that you will know coming to us was of benefit. Using key NLP questioning, we can help you to break down the issues so that you know how best to move forward.
- Hypnosis – We will guide you into a relaxed state. In this relaxed state you are still perfectly in control, but your unconscious mind becomes accessible.
- Ego boosting – Ego strengthening and ego boosting play a key part in the treatment. Whilst in a relaxed state, these techniques help to change the negative internal dialogue, changing it to a more positive one.
- Relaxation – Relaxation in itself is good for everyone. Being able to relax helps to reduce stress and anxiety, which may be causes of low confidence.
- Self hypnosis – This is great for helping you to take yourself into a hypnotic state once the sessions have finished.
Benefits of choosing hypnotherapy for confidence
- Reduce the effects past negative events have had
- Eliminate self-doubt replacing it with self-belief
- Replace automatic negative thoughts with more positive, rational thoughts
- Teach self-hypnosis
- Boost motivation and energy
- Replace the worry caused by what others think
It is important to note that you do not have to relive trauma in order to move forwards. Our philosophy is that the past has happened and we aren’t going back there. It is the present and the future that we are most interested in. However, if past events are causing self-doubt, then we have tools and techniques to reduce their effect.
Who can benefit from hypnosis?
You may think that confidence issues only affect a certain type of person. However, it can affect anyone. Even high flying business executives need a confidence boost at times. If you think that you could benefit from hypnosis, then contact us for a free consultation.
The number of sessions needed generally varies from person to person. Some may benefit from a 2 or 3 sessions, whereas others may need 5 or 6 for the maximum benefit. We ask that you budget your time and money for at least 3 sessions. Remember that this in an investment in your health.
Location of Confidence Hypnosis Practice
We work out of the Brewood Therapy Centre. This can be found at number 3 Church Road in Brewood. There is plenty of free parking in Brewood.
Contact Ed on 07921 220557
Contact Debbie on 07745 934682
Or fill in our online form.